Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It's Time to Head to the Family Bank!

Hopefully you're having a wonderful 2008! I know many of you are enjoying the slopes, because I've seen you on the hill. Rachel and I have been heading up to the mountain every weekend with Isaac and Reese. Now that Rachel is due at the end of January, she is not skiing... she's jogging! Jogging down the hill following Reese, on the bunny hill of course. As of last week, Reese has actually graduated from the magic carpet to the chairlift with Isaac and myself. That's exciting loading the chairlift, let me tell you. Isaac, almost 5, and Reese 2 1/2, then a teenage lift operator flirting with the girls in front of us. For you parents on skis, you know the anxiety I speak of.

At the moment, I've been extremely busy in my life. In fact, I haven't been this busy in over 6 years. We're working on some exciting projects including a new endevour on the web where we will be able to provide our curriculum to the most remote places of the world, so long as they have internet:). We are putting our curriculum online for people around the globe to learn. In fact, our team of developers and vendors come from around the world as well. Currently, I'm working with a man named Nitesh in India, who is doing all the programming for the site. Fortunately, we get to communicate when my daytime work finishes. Unfortunately, those hours are between 12 am and 6 am.

During this time of abundent workloads and projects, I haven't forgotten what matters most- my family. How easy is it to neglect those closest to us? Tony Robbins gives a great example of a marriage. He describes it like a bank account. In order to keep your account open, you've got to continue making deposits. Sure, you can make some withdrawals, but... you can't withdraw more than you deposit. It's important that I think of every moment with Rachel, Isaac, and Reese as a deposit in the family bank account. If I need to put in some super long hours, no problem, the family bank account is full:).

Duncan Richardson
Chief Master Instructor
The Academy of World Taekwondo
www.FreeKarateLesson.com

No comments: