Sunday, February 15, 2009

2nd Update- Black Belt Test

The second day has ended up being a lot longer than the first day. I'm writing this blog post at 2:32 am, 20 minutes after leaving the Tropicana Hotel (site of testing). For the record, the official test is not until tomorrow. What is tomorrow? Is today, tomorrow?? I've been punching, blocking, and kicking for 16 hours straight, minus lunch, dinner, a few snacks, and restroom breaks. I'm a little delirious.

Believe it or not, there are 300 people testing for a different rank of Black Belt. Today, Grandmaster Park informed everyone that 10% of our group would pass the test if the test was right now. Well... I wish he hadn't told me that. I'm accustomed to long hours of teaching and training, and minimal sleep. Therefore, guess who was the last to leave tonight? You guessed it! Nery and I. Nery is my new hardcore training buddy from Los Angeles. I'm not sure what happened to Carston, my buddy from Germany. He called it a night after dinner.

I sure wish I could write more, but I'm thinking I need a few hours of sleep before I take the official test tomorrow.

Respectfully,

Duncan Richardson

No comments: